author and mom sharing hope for those who hurt
My book, UNDER AUTHORITY is now available on Amazon!
One callous reverend. A blind congregation...
In Under Authority, Kate recalls Reverend Abbott; a mastermind of manipulation who cleverly camouflages his hidden agenda by presenting it as God's vision for the church. As the control intensifies, Kate becomes aware something is very wrong with Cross Independent Baptist Church....will Kate be able to face her tormented past and find the courage to forgive?
Genre: Christian fiction based on a true story
Reviews are appreciated!
Also available in bookstores
For more information about Under Authority, please see my novel tab.
My heart for victims of religious trauma:
Victims of traumatic religious experiences have wounds that run deeper than many can begin to fathom. These victims hide their pain and rarely get the chance to experience healing. If you are one of these hurting souls, my heart aches for you. To learn more, click on my Religious Trauma page and my book Under Authority.
My heart for parents of kids with ADD/ADHD and anxiety:
Parents, you are not alone. Your little one is experiencing a variety of unexpected challenges with behavior, attention, focus, and anxiety while you are struggling to just make it through the day. I have been where you are and understand how overwhelming this can be. To learn more, click on my ADHD and anxiety page.
About Kimalee Finelli
I have adored books and writing since I was a young girl, often feeling frustrated with boring math problems and finding solace in an adventure book. At 13 years old, my English teacher told me I had a gift for storytelling and gave me an A on a short story I submitted. My heart soared, and this was the beginning of my imagination taking flight.
After graduating college with a Bachelor's degree in music, I returned to my first love: writing. I joined the Long Ridge Writer's Group and completed the "Breaking into Print" program. This helped me polish my writing skills along with my first glimpse into the writer's market.
Along the way, I've written articles, short stories, poetry, and a novel. My book is about a woman named Kate who finds healing from her traumatic religious experience. To learn more, view my "My book: Under Authority" tab.
While away from my writing, I enjoy spending time with my family, exploring quaint towns, hiking near waterfalls, coffee, books, pets, and movies. I reside in sunny South Carolina with my husband and two boys.
1. I have never mowed a lawn.
2. I love old Alfred Hitchcock movies.
3. I ran my first dog sled team at age 5.
Helpful Resources for Religious Trauma:
1. Marlene Winell, PhD. author of "Leaving the Fold: A Guide for former fundamentalists and others leaving their Religion." She is a psychologist who has personal and professional experience with trauma and also founded the term "Religious Trauma Syndrome". To learn more, go to her website called Journey Free: https://journeyfree.org
2. Facebook Groups: Exposing Spiritual Abuse and Religious Trauma Support and Processing.
3. Author and Pastor Ken Garrett's book: In the House of Friends: Understanding and Healing from Spiritual Abuse in Christian Churches.
4. Plain Truth Ministries www.ptm.org "Christianity Without the Religion".